Product Innovation and Business Process Efficiency
ENOVIA EBOM Management capabilities enable product innovation and business process efficiency for design and engineering. It allows customers to create engineering parts and bills-of material to connect design, supply chain, manufacturing, quality and compliance users and business processes in support of a simultaneous global product launch.
ENOVIA MBOM Management provides companies with a comprehensive manufacturing and as-built bill-of-material management solution enabling improved transfer of design intent to distributed manufacturing sites.
When implemented together, a seamless flow of global product development and manufacturing processes is enabled.
One of the significant challenges within the global product development process is providing a single, consolidated, fully connected, global view of the combined product design structure and engineering bill of material. As new products are introduced with market-specific functions and options, the complexity is compounded.
ENOVIA EBOM Management capabilities help companies innovate and improve efficiencies for global product development by incorporating the following best business practices:
- Reduce design and BOM errors and enable innovation through the automatic generation and update of data driven, fully connected, multi-discipline design and engineering product views
- Accelerate product launch in multiple markets, by enabling parallel business processes directly from the context of the product engineering bill of material
- Enable global product teams to efficiently collaborate on, approve and implement product changes through a common automated process
When ENOVIA EBOM & MBOM Management capabilities are used together companies can innovate and improve efficiencies for global product development by incorporating the following best business practices:
- Reduce design and BOM errors and enable innovation through the automatic generation and update of data driven, fully connected, multi-disciplined design and engineering product views.
- Accelerate multi-geo product launch, by enabling parallel Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Compliance, Quality and Service business processes directly from the context of the product engineering bill of material.
- Enable global product teams to efficiently collaborate, approve and implement product changes through a common, automated change process.
ENOVIA MBOM Management addresses a number of specific global manufacturing business challenges including:
- Reduce costs and improve product quality by enabling part re-use across multiple manufacturing sites.
- Reduce costs and improve product quality by enabling centralized supply chain planning for purchased components including the authorization and propagation of available alternate or substitute parts across multiple manufacturing sites.
- Reduce cycle time, effort and translation errors related to the analysis and implementation of engineering changes across multiple manufacturing sites through an automated, intelligent engineering to manufacturing change process.
- Reduce inconsistencies and manual reconciliation of serialized parts by providing the ability to plan, create, update and link unit specific as-built BOM structures for industries which require unit based manufacturing and traceability.
3DEXPERIENCE Platform User Experience
- Consolidate part design and related technical document content from multiple engineering tools by providing a single definition of the EBOM.
- Increase product innovation through improved communication and collaboration with global development teams leveraging 3D visualization and electronic communication including email and ad-hoc workflow
- Use analysis reports that quickly identify component usage, highlight differences between assemblies, and summarize design changes over time.
- Reduce cost and time-to-market while defining the enterprise EBOM by searching and reusing standard parts.
- Build products right the first time by selecting qualified, approved and preferred components.
- Leverage skills and knowledge of the entreprise and supply chain through institutionalization of cross-functional product development and engineering change processes
- Reduce the communication gap between engineering and manufacturing relative to production builds and their allocated designs.
- Run reports with detailed engineering and manufacturing part assignment, supplier preferences, EBOM and MBOM differences between assemblies, and summarized changes over time.
- Enable product and manufacturing engineers to work concurrently to detect and correct problems before release.
- Centrally manage internal and supplier equivalent parts and their manufacturing usage (alternates, substitutes) and preferences, without sacrificing the flexibility of plants to make a local changes or make/buy and alternate part usage decisions.